This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is discharging a client after a total hip replacement. What statement by the client ... (Read 33 times)

torybrooks

A nurse is discharging a client after a total hip replacement. What statement by the client indicates good potential for self-management?

a. I can bend down to pick something up.
  b. I no longer need to do my exercises.
  c. I will not sit with my legs crossed.
  d. I won't wash my incision to keep it dry.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client using a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine and has delegated some tasks to the unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP). What action by the UAP warrants intervention by the nurse?

a. Checking to see if the machine is working
  b. Keeping controls in a secure place on the bed
  c. Placing padding in the machine per request
  d. Storing the CPM machine under the bed after removal

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wshriver

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
There are many precautions clients need to take after hip replacement surgery, including not bending more than 90 degrees at the hips, continuing prescribed exercises, not crossing the legs, and washing the incision daily and patting it dry.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
For infection control (and to avoid tripping on it), the CPM machine is never placed on the floor. The other actions are appropriate.

torybrooks

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

FergA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library