Author Question: What is the traditional view that Liberals take on liberalizing agricultural trade? (Read 2061 times)

ricki

Can anyone give me a very detailed answer?

Hungry!

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

TI

That we do not need government dictating where and what we grow and to whom and where we buy or sell

Millan

Is this homework?  

Liberalizing agricultural trade makes me wonder if you mean current "liberalism" or classic liberalism (me).  As a classic liberal it would go to a free market/laissez faire economy of trade (which we currently do not have).  It would also not provide federal government subsidies (per the Constitution) and would be competitive.  The farms success is based on competition GLOBALLY.  Good quality product (feed, grain, whatever) at a competitive price would determine the success or failure of that farm.

Jones

The agricultural business was socialized a long time ago under the Republicans. Nobody noticed and nobody cared.

Melanie

i dont know, but i wouldnt want a bunch of transgenical pest trade in other countries.

federox

I wholeheartedly agree with Liberty 4's answer. Farm subsidies make taxpayers in general unwilling (and unwitting) charitable donors to farmers.
It ought to be anethema to any Republican to grant subsidies to anyone;  but given where the votes are.....well, maybe we'll make an exception in that case.
Although I am a Republican, I must admit that the Democrats are less hypocritical in shovelling tax money in the direction of their supporters. e.g. the U.A.W..

federox

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library