This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When interviewing the mother of an infant the nurse asks some questions about how the baby is fed. ... (Read 26 times)

big1devin

When interviewing the mother of an infant the nurse asks some questions about how the baby is fed. What statement tells you that the mother will need further education?

1. I always use the ready to feed because it is easier..
   2. I burp Junior at the end of his bottle..
   3. I rock him while he feeds..
   4. I just bought this great bottle warmer..

Question 2

Which of the following is considered a cardinal sign of diabetes mellitus?

1. Impaired vision
   2. Seizures
   3. Frequent urination
   4. Nausea

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ashely1112

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. The mother has found a feeding technique that fits her lifestyle and gives adequate nutrition to the infant.
2. It is important to burp the infant frequently (about every ounce) to prevent emesis d/t swallowed air.
3. Rocking can be a comfort measure for feeding
4. The mother understands about warming the bottle prior to feeding

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Not a cardinal sign
2. Not a cardinal sign
3. Frequent urination (Polyuria) excessive thirst (Polydipsia) and excessive hunger (Polyphagia) are the cardinal signs of Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
4. Not a cardinal sign

big1devin

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library