This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When the depressed adolescent tells the school nurse, I can't seem to get a handle on my life. I ... (Read 59 times)

elizabeth18

When the depressed adolescent tells the school nurse, I can't seem to get a handle on my life. I can't see the point of living, the nurse's most therapeutic response would be:

a. Hey Cheer up You are young and have a lot to live for..
  b. Wow Surely as young as you are nothing can seem that bad..
  c. I think I better call your mother..
  d. What in particular don't you have a handle on?

Question 2

To teach their teen the value of money and its responsibility, the nurse suggests that parents:

a. Provide the teen with an allowance or a bank account
  b. Balance the teen's checkbook for him or her
  c. Hand out money as requested
  d. Maintain the amount of allowance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ntsoane kedibone

Answer to Question 1

D
The nurse should help the troubled teenager externalize his feelings.

Answer to Question 2

A
A teen should have an allowance. This will allow the teen to learn how to use money in a responsible way. If parents hand out money as asked, the child will not learn how to save or plan ahead. A teen should have the responsibility of balancing his or her own checkbook. Maintaining the amount of the allowance may not meet the needs of the maturing adolescent.

elizabeth18

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Drug abusers experience the following scenario: The pleasure given by their drug (or drugs) of choice is so strong that it is difficult to eradicate even after years of staying away from the substances involved. Certain triggers may cause a drug abuser to relapse. Research shows that long-term drug abuse results in significant changes in brain function that persist long after an individual stops using drugs. It is most important to realize that the same is true of not just illegal substances but alcohol and tobacco as well.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library