This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Two-word utterances by a child become common around which of the following ages? a. 12 months c. ... (Read 33 times)

jon_i

Two-word utterances by a child become common around which of the following ages?

a. 12 months c. 2 years
  b. 16 months d. 3 years

Question 2

Which of the following skills does the toddler master?

a. ability to take responsibility for his or her own actions
  b. mastery of spatial, temporal, and numerical concepts and serialization
  c. capacity to do abstract thinking some of the time
  d. ability to participate in turn-taking rules of social communication

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

C

Feedback
A Incorrect. Two-word utterances are not common for a child at 12 months.
B Incorrect. Two-word utterances are not common for a child at 16 months.
C Correct. Two-word utterances are common for a child at 2 years.
D Incorrect. Complete sentences are common for a child at 3 years.

Answer to Question 2

D

Feedback
A Incorrect. The ability to take responsibility for his or her own actions occurs later than the toddler stage.
B Incorrect. The mastery of spatial, temporal, and numerical concepts and serialization occurs later than the toddler stage.
C Incorrect. The capacity to do abstract thinking some of the time occurs later than the toddler stage.
D Correct. Language in the form of two-word combinations emerges for the toddler as well as the ability to participate in turn-taking rules of social communication.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amandanbreshears

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Studies show that systolic blood pressure can be significantly lowered by taking statins. In fact, the higher the patient's baseline blood pressure, the greater the effect of statins on his or her blood pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library