Author Question: The nurse is providing discharge teaching to a woman who has delivered her first child two days ago. ... (Read 26 times)

yoooooman

The nurse is providing discharge teaching to a woman who has delivered her first child two days ago. The nurse understands that additional information is needed if the client makes which statement? (Select all that apply.)

A. I should expect a lighter flow next week.
   B. The flow will increase if I am too active.
   C. My bleeding will remain red for about a month.
   D. I will be able to use a pantiliner by tomorrow.

Question 2

The nurse is preparing a class for mothers and their partners who have just recently delivered. One topic of the class is infant attachment. Which statement indicates that the class participants understand this concept? (Select all that apply.)

A. We should avoid holding the baby too much.
   B. Looking directly into the baby's eyes might frighten him.
   C. Talking to the baby is good because he'll recognize our voices.
   D. Holding the baby so we have direct face to face contact is good.
   E. We should expect the baby to smile when we talk to him.

blakeserpa

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D