This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client at 42 weeks' pregnancy is admitted for induction of her labor. Which statement indicates ... (Read 26 times)

jman1234

The client at 42 weeks' pregnancy is admitted for induction of her labor. Which statement indicates that she understands the indications for the induction?

A. If I go too overdue, my baby's amniotic fluid volume can decrease.
   B. Since I am so tired of being pregnant, I am being induced.
   C. My health can be affected if I don't deliver soon.
   D. My baby took longer to grow, and now it's ready to be born.

Question 2

A laboring multipara is having intense uterine contractions with incomplete uterine relaxation between contractions. Vaginal examinations reveal rapid cervical dilation and fetal descent. The nurse should:

A. Notify the physician of these findings.
   B. Place the woman in knee-chest position.
   C. Turn off the lights to make it easier for the woman to relax.
   D. Assemble supplies to prepare for a cesarean birth.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

jman1234

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library