This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client at 42 weeks' pregnancy is admitted for induction of her labor. Which statement indicates ... (Read 27 times)

jman1234

The client at 42 weeks' pregnancy is admitted for induction of her labor. Which statement indicates that she understands the indications for the induction?

A. If I go too overdue, my baby's amniotic fluid volume can decrease.
   B. Since I am so tired of being pregnant, I am being induced.
   C. My health can be affected if I don't deliver soon.
   D. My baby took longer to grow, and now it's ready to be born.

Question 2

A laboring multipara is having intense uterine contractions with incomplete uterine relaxation between contractions. Vaginal examinations reveal rapid cervical dilation and fetal descent. The nurse should:

A. Notify the physician of these findings.
   B. Place the woman in knee-chest position.
   C. Turn off the lights to make it easier for the woman to relax.
   D. Assemble supplies to prepare for a cesarean birth.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CourtneyCNorton

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

A

jman1234

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Wow, this really help

deja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library