Author Question: A 35-year-old client in the women's health clinic has just told the nurse about being abused by her ... (Read 29 times)

audragclark

A 35-year-old client in the women's health clinic has just told the nurse about being abused by her husband for the past ten years. The nurse's most appropriate intervention, initially, is to:

A. Offer to call the police and help her to file charges.
   B. Ask her to tell you the details surrounding the abuse.
   C. Reassure her that many women experience the same problem.
   D. Listen to her account of the situation and offer support.

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing a client that has admitted to being a victim of spousal abuse. Which of the following is the most typical description of how the spousal violence developed in her relationship?

A. He changed overnight. Everything was fine, and all of a sudden he flipped out and beat me up; he nearly killed me.
   B. It was severe from the beginning. As soon as we got married, he began hitting me and threatening to kill me.
   C. We've both always dated other people. I thought that was understood. He was as emotionally abusive in the beginning as he is now.
   D. I don't know when it started, really. It was gradual. First, just yelling and shoving. Then the beatings started; and now they're more frequent.

alexisweber49

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

C