Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient pregnant with twins. Which statement indicates that the patient ... (Read 19 times)

jhjkgdfhk

The nurse is caring for a patient pregnant with twins. Which statement indicates that the patient needs additional information?

1. Because both of my twins are boys, I know that they are identical.
  2. If my twins came from one fertilized egg that split, they are identical.
  3. If I have one boy and one girl, I will know they came from two eggs.
  4. It is rare for both twins to be within the same amniotic sac.

Question 2

The nurse working with a client describes cellular multiplication and how the zygote moves through the fallopian tube, a movement that takes place via what process?

1. A squeezing motion
  2. Pushing from another ovum that has not been fertilized
  3. Hormone action
  4. A very weak fluid current in the fallopian tube resulting from the beating action of ciliated epithelium

Zebsrer

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Not all same-sex twins are identical or monozygotic, because fraternal, or dizygotic, twins can be the same gender or different genders.
Rationale 2: When the zygote splits, identical twins share the same genotype result.
Rationale 3: The only way to have twins of different genders is if they come from two separate fertilized ova.
Rationale 4: Monoamnioticmonocho rionic twins are very rare, and occur as a result of the zygote splitting 7 or more days after fertilization.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 4. This is correct. There is a very weak fluid current in the fallopian tube resulting from the beating action of the ciliated epithelium that lines the tube.