This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant woman tells the nursemidwife, I've heard that if I eat certain foods during my pregnancy, ... (Read 47 times)

urbanoutfitters

A pregnant woman tells the nursemidwife, I've heard that if I eat certain foods during my pregnancy, the baby will be a boy.

The nursemidwife's response should explain that this is a myth, and that the sex of the baby is determined at the time of: 1. Ejaculation.
  2. Fertilization.
  3. Implantation.
  4. Differentiation.

Question 2

Upon assessing the FHR tracing, the nurse determines that there is fetal tachycardia. The fetal tachycardia would be caused by which of the following? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

Select all that apply. 1. Early fetalhypoxia
  2. Prolonged fetal stimulation
  3. Fetal anemia
  4. Fetal sleep cycle
  5. Infection

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Edwyer

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Ejaculation is the release of sperm from the male, and does not necessarily cause a pregnancy.
Rationale 2: Fertilization is the point at which the sex of the zygote is determined.
Rationale 3: Implantation is when the fertilized ovum is implanted in the uterine endometrium. The sex of the zygote has already been determined at this stage.
Rationale 4: Differentiation refers to a cell division process.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3, 5
Explanation: 1. Early fetal hypoxia can cause fetal tachycardia.
2. Prolonged fetal stimulation can cause fetal tachycardia.
3. Fetal anemia can cause fetal tachycardia.
5. Infection can cause fetal tachycardia.

urbanoutfitters

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

About 3.2 billion people, nearly half the world population, are at risk for malaria. In 2015, there are about 214 million malaria cases and an estimated 438,000 malaria deaths.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

People who have myopia, or nearsightedness, are not able to see objects at a distance but only up close. It occurs when the cornea is either curved too steeply, the eye is too long, or both. This condition is progressive and worsens with time. More than 100 million people in the United States are nearsighted, but only 20% of those are born with the condition. Diet, eye exercise, drug therapy, and corrective lenses can all help manage nearsightedness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library