Author Question: A woman with multiple bruises on her face and arms is seen in the emergency department. Her ... (Read 14 times)

dakota nelson

A woman with multiple bruises on her face and arms is seen in the emergency department. Her significant other is with her. When asked about her injuries, the woman states, I ran into a door. Which action by the nurse is of highest priority?

1. Take the woman's vital signs.
  2. Document the location of the bruises.
  3. Assess for additional bruising.
  4. Interview the woman in private.

Question 2

The nurse is completing a newborn care class. The nurse knows that teaching has been effective if a new parent states which of the following?

1. My baby might open her arms wide and pull her legs up to her tummy if she is passing gas.
  2. When I hold my baby upright with one of his feet on the floor, his feet will automatically remain still.
  3. When I put my finger in the palm of my daughter's hand, she will curl her fingers and hold on.
  4. I can get my baby to turn his head toward the right if I lift his right arm over his head.

ky860224

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 4. Screening for women experiencing domestic violence must be done privately, with only yourself and the client present, in a safe and quiet place.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 3. This is the Palmar grasp reflex and is elicited by stimulating the newborn's palm with a finger or object.