This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman was at the emergency department with a broken arm and bruises all over her torso. ... (Read 12 times)

tfester

A woman was at the emergency department with a broken arm and bruises all over her torso. Radiographs showed evidence of previous broken bones. Which behavior exhibited by the woman would be most worrisome to the nurse?

a. Asking the nurse, Do you know where I can go to get away from him?
  b. Accepting the blame for the incident, saying I'm such a rotten housekeeper. I can't do anything right.
  c. Crying, moaning, and begging for pain medication
  d. Saying, Do you think I should tell the police?

Question 2

After a husband slapped his wife, he apologized to her saying that his boss had been giving him impossible tasks and he had stopped for a drink after work.

When the woman laughingly shared this story during a routine visit at the clinic, the nurse became concerned. What would have concerned the nurse?
  a. The husband had a drink after work rather than coming right home.
  b. The husband refused to take responsibility for his own actions.
  c. The woman felt this episode was worth sharing.
  d. The woman was laughing as she told the story.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wilsonbho

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

tfester

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

bigsis44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library