This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is assessing patients after delivery. For which patient is early discharge at 24 hours ... (Read 27 times)

ETearle

The nurse is assessing patients after delivery. For which patient is early discharge at 24 hours after delivery appropriate?

1. Multipara, has had two successful breastfeedings.
  2. Primipara, bottle-feeding, has not voided since delivery.
  3. Multipara, twins delivered at 35 weeks, bottle-feeding
  4. Primipara, cesarean birth performed for fetal distress

Question 2

The client at 9 weeks' gestation has been told that her HIV test was positive.

The client is very upset, and tells the nurse, I didn't know I had HIV What will this do to my baby? The nurse knows teaching has been effective when the client makes which statement? 1. I cannot take the medications that control HIV during my pregnancy, because they will harm the baby.
  2. My baby can get HIV during the pregnancy and through my breast milk.
  3. The pregnancy will increase the progression of my disease and will reduce my CD4 counts.
  4. The HIV won't affect my baby, and I will have a low-risk pregnancy without additional testing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mcni194

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Both mother and infant must be physiologically stable for early discharge. Feeding successfully is one of the physiologic needs of the infant, just as voiding is a physiologic need of the mother.
Rationale 2: Both mother and infant must be physiologically stable for early discharge. Voiding is a physiologic need of the mother.
Rationale 3: Preterm infants are not appropriate for early discharge.
Rationale 4: Infants who experienced distress in labor are not appropriate for early discharge.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 2. HIV transmission can occur during pregnancy and through breast milk; however, it is believed that the majority of all infections occur during labor and birth.

ETearle

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library