This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is assessing patients after delivery. For which patient is early discharge at 24 hours ... (Read 28 times)

ETearle

The nurse is assessing patients after delivery. For which patient is early discharge at 24 hours after delivery appropriate?

1. Multipara, has had two successful breastfeedings.
  2. Primipara, bottle-feeding, has not voided since delivery.
  3. Multipara, twins delivered at 35 weeks, bottle-feeding
  4. Primipara, cesarean birth performed for fetal distress

Question 2

The client at 9 weeks' gestation has been told that her HIV test was positive.

The client is very upset, and tells the nurse, I didn't know I had HIV What will this do to my baby? The nurse knows teaching has been effective when the client makes which statement? 1. I cannot take the medications that control HIV during my pregnancy, because they will harm the baby.
  2. My baby can get HIV during the pregnancy and through my breast milk.
  3. The pregnancy will increase the progression of my disease and will reduce my CD4 counts.
  4. The HIV won't affect my baby, and I will have a low-risk pregnancy without additional testing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mcni194

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Both mother and infant must be physiologically stable for early discharge. Feeding successfully is one of the physiologic needs of the infant, just as voiding is a physiologic need of the mother.
Rationale 2: Both mother and infant must be physiologically stable for early discharge. Voiding is a physiologic need of the mother.
Rationale 3: Preterm infants are not appropriate for early discharge.
Rationale 4: Infants who experienced distress in labor are not appropriate for early discharge.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 2. HIV transmission can occur during pregnancy and through breast milk; however, it is believed that the majority of all infections occur during labor and birth.

ETearle

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library