This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is caring for a client admitted preoperatively for a bilateral mastectomy. Which statement ... (Read 24 times)

Yi-Chen

A nurse is caring for a client admitted preoperatively for a bilateral mastectomy. Which statement indicates that this client is still in the shock phase of adjustment to her diagnosis?

1. I can't understand why this is happening to me.
  2. I am so happy that my daughter graduates from high school this year.
  3. I know that breast cancer is now part of my life.
  4. I can't believe that I need to lose both of my breasts.

Question 2

A nurse is providing a patient with instructions regarding breast self-examination (BSE).

Which of the following statements by the patient would indicate that the teaching has been successful? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply. 1. I should perform BSE 1 week prior to the start of my period.
  2. When I reach menopause, I will perform BSE every 2 months.
  3. Knowing the texture of my breasts is important.
  4. I should inspect my breasts while standing with my arms down at my sides.
  5. I should inspect my breasts while in a supine position with my arms at my sides.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

thall411

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. In the shock phase, a client makes statements such as this.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: BSE should be performed 1 week after the start of each menstrual period.
Rationale 2: BSE should be performed monthly, on the same day each month, during menopause.
Rationale 3: A woman who knows the texture and feel of her own breasts is far more likely to detect changes that develop.
Rationale 4: The breasts should be inspected while standing with arms at sides.
Rationale 5: Supine is not a correct position for BSE.

Yi-Chen

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

6ana001

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library