This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A postpartum patient has just received a rubella vaccination. The patient demonstrates understanding ... (Read 20 times)

segrsyd

A postpartum patient has just received a rubella vaccination. The patient demonstrates understanding of the teaching associated with administration of this vaccine when she states:

1. I will need another vaccination in 3 months.
  2. I must avoid getting pregnant for 1 month.
  3. This will prevent me from getting chickenpox.
  4. This will protect my newborn from getting the measles.

Question 2

The patient at 38 weeks' gestation has been diagnosed with oligohydramnios. Which statement indicates that teaching about the condition has been effective?

1. My gestational diabetes might have caused this problem to develop.
  2. When I go into labor, I should come to the hospital right away.
  3. This problem is common, and will likely occur with my next pregnancy.
  4. Women with this condition usually go into labor after their due date.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yeungji

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The patient will not need another vaccination in 3 months.
Rationale 2: The patient must avoid pregnancy for at least 4 weeks after receiving the rubella vaccine.
Rationale 3: The vaccination prevents measles, not chickenpox.
Rationale 4: The vaccination will only protect the patient receiving it; therefore, the newborn will not be protected until the child receives his own vaccination.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Gestational diabetes can lead to polyhydramnios, but does not cause oligohydramnios.
Rationale 2: The incidence of cord compression and resulting fetal distress is high when there is an inadequate amount of amniotic fluid to cushion the umbilical cord. Thus the patient with oligohydramnios should come to the hospital in early labor so that any fetal intolerance of labor that might develop is detected.
Rationale 3: Oligohydramnios occurs in 1 to 3 of pregnancies. It rarely recurs in subsequent pregnancies.
Rationale 4: The risk of fetal demise is increased with oligohydramnios. Labor is usually induced when the patient reaches term pregnancy to prevent fetal demise.

segrsyd

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

ecabral0

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

In the United States, congenital cytomegalovirus causes one child to become disabled almost every hour. CMV is the leading preventable viral cause of development disability in newborns. These disabilities include hearing or vision loss, and cerebral palsy.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library