This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A postpartum patient has just received a rubella vaccination. The patient demonstrates understanding ... (Read 22 times)

segrsyd

A postpartum patient has just received a rubella vaccination. The patient demonstrates understanding of the teaching associated with administration of this vaccine when she states:

1. I will need another vaccination in 3 months.
  2. I must avoid getting pregnant for 1 month.
  3. This will prevent me from getting chickenpox.
  4. This will protect my newborn from getting the measles.

Question 2

The patient at 38 weeks' gestation has been diagnosed with oligohydramnios. Which statement indicates that teaching about the condition has been effective?

1. My gestational diabetes might have caused this problem to develop.
  2. When I go into labor, I should come to the hospital right away.
  3. This problem is common, and will likely occur with my next pregnancy.
  4. Women with this condition usually go into labor after their due date.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

yeungji

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The patient will not need another vaccination in 3 months.
Rationale 2: The patient must avoid pregnancy for at least 4 weeks after receiving the rubella vaccine.
Rationale 3: The vaccination prevents measles, not chickenpox.
Rationale 4: The vaccination will only protect the patient receiving it; therefore, the newborn will not be protected until the child receives his own vaccination.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Gestational diabetes can lead to polyhydramnios, but does not cause oligohydramnios.
Rationale 2: The incidence of cord compression and resulting fetal distress is high when there is an inadequate amount of amniotic fluid to cushion the umbilical cord. Thus the patient with oligohydramnios should come to the hospital in early labor so that any fetal intolerance of labor that might develop is detected.
Rationale 3: Oligohydramnios occurs in 1 to 3 of pregnancies. It rarely recurs in subsequent pregnancies.
Rationale 4: The risk of fetal demise is increased with oligohydramnios. Labor is usually induced when the patient reaches term pregnancy to prevent fetal demise.

segrsyd

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library