This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a pregnant client about the effects of smoking on pregnancy, the nurse knows that the ... (Read 69 times)

TVarnum

After teaching a pregnant client about the effects of smoking on pregnancy, the nurse knows that the client needs further education when she makes which statement?

1. I am at increased risk for preeclampsia.
  2. I am at increased risk for preterm birth.
  3. I am at increased risk for placenta previa.
  4. I am at increased risk for abruptio placentae.

Question 2

As compared with admission considerations for an adult woman in labor, the nurse's priority for an adolescent in labor would be:

1. Cultural background.
  2. Plans for keeping the infant.
  3. Support persons.
  4. Developmental level.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jamesnevil303

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Smoking is not associated with increased risk for preeclampsia.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Cultural background is important to planning anyone's care.
Rationale 2: When planning nursing care for the mother who is keeping her infant, it is important to determine something else first.
Rationale 3: Support persons are important to planning anyone's care.
Rationale 4: It is important to identify the adolescent's level of development so that the plan of care is consistent with the adolescent's abilities.

TVarnum

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Mochi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library