Author Question: Which statement indicates that a parent of a toddler needs more education about preventing foreign ... (Read 56 times)

anshika

Which statement indicates that a parent of a toddler needs more education about preventing foreign body aspiration?

a. I keep objects with small parts out of reach..
  b. My toddler loves to play with balloons..
  c. I won't permit my child to have peanuts..
  d. I never leave coins where my child could get them..

Question 2

Which finding is expected when assessing a child hospitalized for asthma?

a. Inspiratory stridor
  b. Harsh, barky cough
  c. Wheezing
  d. Rhinorrhea

ririgirl15

Answer to Question 1

B
Latex balloons account for a significant number of deaths from aspiration every year. Keeping toys with small parts and other small objects out of reach can prevent foreign body aspiration. Peanuts are just one of the foods that pose a choking risk if given to young children. Small objects, such as coins, need to be put out of the small child's reach.

Answer to Question 2

C
Wheezing is a classic manifestation of asthma. Inspiratory stridor is a clinical manifestation of croup. A harsh, barky cough is characteristic of croup. Rhinorrhea is not associated with asthma.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library