This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by a parent indicates incorrect information about an intervention for a child's ... (Read 40 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Which statement made by a parent indicates incorrect information about an intervention for a child's fever?

a. I should keep her covered lightly when she has a fever..
  b. I'll give her plenty of liquids to keep her hydrated..
  c. I can give her acetaminophen (Tylenol) for a temperature higher than 101F..
  d. I'll look for over-the-counter preparations that contain salicylates (Aspirin)..

Question 2

What is the best response to a parent of a 2-month-old infant who asks when the infant should receive the measles vaccine?

a. Your baby can get the measles vaccine now..
  b. The first dose is given any time after the first birthday..
  c. She should be vaccinated between 4 and 6 years of age..
  d. This vaccine is administered when the child is 11 years old..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jliusyl

Answer to Question 1

D
Aspirin products are avoided because of the possibility of developing Reye's syndrome. The parent should check labels on all over-the-counter products to be sure they do not contain aspirin. Dressing the child in light clothing and using lightweight covers will help reduce fever and promote the child's comfort. Adequate hydration will help maintain a normal body temperature. Acetaminophen or ibuprofen should be used as directed for fever control.

Answer to Question 2

B
The first measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine is recommended routinely at 1 year of age. Some immunizations are initiated at 2 months of age, but not the measles vaccine. The second dose of MMR is recommended at 4 to 6 years of age. Children should receive their second MMR dose no later than 11 to 12 years of age.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library