This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which is the most appropriate response for the nurse when parents say that living with this disease ... (Read 27 times)

laurencescou

Which is the most appropriate response for the nurse when parents say that living with this disease our child has is really hard; it's not fair?

a. Tell me about what is hard for you..
  b. I know exactly how you must feel..
  c. I know a local support group for families..
  d. I am going to ask the grief counselor to meet with you..

Question 2

Which would be a priority nursing diagnosis for the child with chronic illness?

a. Risk for delayed development related to chronic illness or disability
  b. Chronic pain related to frequent injections
  c. Anticipatory grieving related to impending death
  d. Anxiety related to frequent hospitalizations

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

wilsonbho

Answer to Question 1

A
The first step in supporting families and helping them deal with chronic sorrow is to listen to and recognize their pain. Telling the parents that you know how they must be feeling would not encourage parents to talk about their feelings. Each individual's perception of a situation is different. A nurse can never know exactly how parents feel about having a child with a chronic illness. I know a local support group for families and I am going to ask the grief counselor to meet with you do not address the parent's immediate feelings.

Answer to Question 2

A
Risk for delayed development related to chronic illness or disability is the priority nursing diagnosis that would be appropriate for the majority of children with chronic illnesses. Pain is not associated with the majority of chronic illnesses. A chronic illness is one that does not have a cure. It does not mean the child will die prematurely. Frequent hospitalizations are not required for all chronic illnesses.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

jomama

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

In 1835 it was discovered that a disease of silkworms known as muscardine could be transferred from one silkworm to another, and was caused by a fungus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library