Author Question: A newborn weight loss of ____________________ in a breastfeeding infant during the first 3 days of ... (Read 30 times)

hubes95

A newborn weight loss of ___________________ _ in a breastfeeding infant during the first 3 days of life should be investigated. Most often, the excessive weight loss is associated with poor breastfeeding techniques.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

A nurse is discussing storage of breast milk with a mother whose infant is preterm and in the special care unit. What statement would indicate that the mother needs additional teaching?

1. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 months..
  2. I can store my breast milk in the freezer for 3 months..
  3. I can store my breast milk at room temperature for 8 hours..
  4. I can store my breast milk in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days..

cloud

Answer to Question 1

Answer to Question 2

1. Correct. This statement would indicate that the mother needs additional information regarding safe storage of breast milk. Breast milk can be stored at room temperature for 8 hours, in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days, in the freezer for 3 months, or in a deep freezer for 6 to 12 months
2, 3, 4. Incorrect. These statements are all accurate and do not indicate that the mother needs ad-ditional teaching.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Before a vaccine is licensed in the USA, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews it for safety and effectiveness. The CDC then reviews all studies again, as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy of Family Physicians. Every lot of vaccine is tested before administration to the public, and the FDA regularly inspects vaccine manufacturers' facilities.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library