This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The perinatal nurse is caring for Miranda, a Native American woman in labor with her first baby. ... (Read 103 times)

lindiwe

The perinatal nurse is caring for Miranda, a Native American woman in labor with her first baby. Miranda asks about the possibility of burning sweet grass, a part of her cultural traditions, during labor. The perinatal nurse's best response is:

A) Burning any type of substance is not allowed by policy in the hospital. Is there something else that I can do that would be similar?
  B) I understand that this cultural practice is important to you, however, I am unable to accommodate your request at this time.
  C) Can you explain to me a bit more about this custom so that I can understand it better?
  D) I need to know more about this custom so that I can confer with the nurse in charge of the unit about your request. I want to support you in labor so let's work together to see if it is possible.

Question 2

The clinic nurse describes the respiratory system changes common to pregnancy to the new nurse. These changes include:
  Select all answers that apply:

A) An increased tidal volume
  B) A decreased airway resistance
  C) An increased chest circumference
  D) An increased airway resistance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

britb2u

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C

lindiwe

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

shewald78

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library