This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The perinatal nurse is caring for Miranda, a Native American woman in labor with her first baby. ... (Read 104 times)

lindiwe

The perinatal nurse is caring for Miranda, a Native American woman in labor with her first baby. Miranda asks about the possibility of burning sweet grass, a part of her cultural traditions, during labor. The perinatal nurse's best response is:

A) Burning any type of substance is not allowed by policy in the hospital. Is there something else that I can do that would be similar?
  B) I understand that this cultural practice is important to you, however, I am unable to accommodate your request at this time.
  C) Can you explain to me a bit more about this custom so that I can understand it better?
  D) I need to know more about this custom so that I can confer with the nurse in charge of the unit about your request. I want to support you in labor so let's work together to see if it is possible.

Question 2

The clinic nurse describes the respiratory system changes common to pregnancy to the new nurse. These changes include:
  Select all answers that apply:

A) An increased tidal volume
  B) A decreased airway resistance
  C) An increased chest circumference
  D) An increased airway resistance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

britb2u

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A, B, C

lindiwe

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

scottmt

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library