This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is preparing a presentation for an expectant parent group about neural tube defects and ... (Read 53 times)

panfilo

A nurse is preparing a presentation for an expectant parent group about neural tube defects and prevention. Which of the following would the nurse emphasize?

A) Smoking cessation
  B) Aerobic exercise
  C) Increased calcium intake
  D) Folic acid supplementation

Question 2

A pregnant client tells her nurse that she is interested in arranging a home birth. After educating the client on the advantages and disadvantages, which statement would indicate that the client understood the information?

A) I like having the privacy, but it might be too expensive for me to set up in my home..
  B) I want to have more control, but I am concerned if an emergency would arise..
  C) It is the safest method for giving birth because there are no interferences..
  D) The midwife is trained to resolve any emergency, and she can bring any pain meds..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

srodz

Answer to Question 1

D
The cause of neural tube defects is unknown, but there is strong evidence to support the use of folic acid supplementation for prevention. Smoking cessation and aerobic exercise are general health recommendations unrelated to neural tube defects. Increased calcium intake is important for fetal growth and development, but it is not linked to preventing neural tube defects.

Answer to Question 2

B
Home births have many advantages, such as having more control over the birth, being the least expensive option, creating a good relationship with a midwife, minimizing interferences, and having more flexibility in the comfort of your home. However, the limited availability of pain medication and danger to the mother and baby if an emergency arises are two of the main disadvantages. Thus, it is not considered the safest method for delivery

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library