This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An extremely thin preadolescent is being assessed by the nurse. Which patient statement should the ... (Read 26 times)

Melani1276

An extremely thin preadolescent is being assessed by the nurse. Which patient statement should the nurse identify as being consistent with that of a person with anorexia nervosa?

A) I'd like to grow up to be a model..
  B) I'd like to gain weight but just can't..
  C) I feel chubby no matter what I wear..
  D) I'm afraid that someone is poisoning my food..

Question 2

The nurse is preparing to administer an intramuscular injection to an 8-month-old infant. Which site would the nurse select?

A) Rectus femoris
  B) Vastus lateralis
  C) Dorsogluteal muscle
  D) Deltoid

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diana chang

Answer to Question 1

C
Characteristics of a child with anorexia nervosa include a severely distorted body image with an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat. The goal to be a model is not consistent with that of anorexia nervosa. The inability to gain weight is not a characteristic of anorexia nervosa. The fear of food being poisoned is a characteristic of paranoid behavior.

Answer to Question 2

B
The preferred injection site in infants is the vastus lateralis muscle. An alternative site is the rectus femoris. The dorsogluteal site is not used in children until the child has been walking for at least 1 year. The deltoid muscle is used as a site in children after the age of 4 or 5 years.

Melani1276

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library