This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant patient is experiencing a vaginal discharge and wants to douche. What should the nurse ... (Read 8 times)

Awilson837

A pregnant patient is experiencing a vaginal discharge and wants to douche. What should the nurse instruct the patient about this health practice?

A) Avoid routine douching.
  B) Use an alkaline solution.
  C) Use only a commercial solution.
  D) Use a solution that has been chilled.

Question 2

Which statement by a parent indicates understanding of instructions on the care of a child with conjunctivitis?

a. I should treat my other children with these eyedrops to prevent spread of the
  disease.
  b. My child must remain home from school until he has received 72 hours of
  antibiotic drops.
  c. I should avoid touching the tip of the ointment tube to my child's eye.
  d. My child may go back to wearing his contact lenses 24 hours after treatment has
  started.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

diesoon

Answer to Question 1

A
Douching while pregnant is contraindicated because the force of the irrigating fluid could cause the solution to enter the cervix and lead to uterine infection. In addition, douching alters the pH of the vagina, leading to an increased risk of vaginal bacterial growth. The alkalinity, purchase type, or temperature of the solution does not matter. The pregnant patient should not douche.

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback
A To avoid cross-contamination, medication should never be shared.
B The child should remain home from school until 24 hours after receiving
medication.
C Care should be taken to avoid touching the tip of the ointment tube or dropper to
the eye to avoid contamination of the medication.
D The child should not wear contact lenses until treatment is completed.

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library