This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager of a prenatal clinic has implemented interventions to individualize the prenatal ... (Read 70 times)

FButt

The nurse manager of a prenatal clinic has implemented interventions to individualize the prenatal care experience. Which patient statement indicates that the nurse's efforts have been successful?

A) It was so nice to not have to wait long in the waiting room..
  B) I really hate having my weight and blood pressure measured around other people..
  C) Why does everyone push breastfeeding and natural childbirth? What about what I want?
  D) I thought you would have more reading material on labor and delivery in the waiting room..

Question 2

A 13-year-old adolescent is suspected to have a visual deficit and is scheduled for further evaluation. She asks the nurse to tell the truth about the tests. What is the nurse's best response?

a. Don't worry about anything. We're here to take good care of you.
  b. Ask your parents. They have talked with the physicians.
  c. Most of the vision tests are painless and noninvasive.
  d. Trust the doctors. They know what is best for you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

raili21

Answer to Question 1

A
Strategies to individualize prenatal care include trying to schedule appointments so there won't be a long wait time, providing privacy for weight and blood pressure assessments, educating on care options and encouraging participating in decisions about care, and providing materials on pregnancy in the waiting room.

Answer to Question 2

C
Feedback
A This response is false reassurance and blocks communication.
B A 13-year-old adolescent is old enough to comprehend explanations and is
entitled to receive the pertinent information regarding her health.
C The nurse should be knowledgeable and honest in answering questions about
procedures.
D Patients, especially teenagers, do not appreciate health care providers who do not
treat them with honesty and respect.

FButt

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

shailee

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library