This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A prenatal nurse manager wants to help pregnant women in the clinic decrease their stress. Which ... (Read 51 times)

bcretired

A prenatal nurse manager wants to help pregnant women in the clinic decrease their stress. Which action by the manager would be best?

A.
  Conduct childbirth preparation classes on site
  B.
  Display pictures of fetal development
  C.
  Institute primary nursing care for all patients
  D.
  Partner with a counseling service for referrals

Question 2

A nurse is working with a pregnant woman who has the nursing diagnosis of altered family processes. What statement by the patient indicates that a major goal for this diagnosis has been met?

A.
  At least I'm getting better sleep now that I don't urinate every 2 hours.
  B.
  My husband has been doing more around the house so I can rest more.
  C.
  The kids are really excited about getting a new baby brother or sister.
  D.
  We finally have the nursery painted and furnished so it's ready for baby.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

honnalora

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Women release oxytocin as a response to stress and when they engage in tend and befriend activities. Oxytocin appears to buffer the stress response and produces a calming effect. One strategy nurses can use to employ this physiological phenomenon is to provide continuity of care. Primary nursing, in which each patient is assigned a primary nurse who sees them at each visit, is an excellent choice to capture the benefits of this effect. The other options could all help reduce stress in some women and in some situations, but providing continuity of care could benefit all patients in the clinic.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
A major goal for this diagnosis is that the family recognizes the demands the pregnancy places on the woman and alters routines and activities to accommodate her. When the patient states that her husband is doing more around the house so she can rest more (a need in pregnancy), this shows resolution of the goal. The other statements are positive ones, but do not show family members adapting to new roles and responsibilities.

bcretired

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ktidd

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library