This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning an education session for couples planning to conceive. What should the nurse ... (Read 64 times)

09madisonrousseau09

The nurse is planning an education session for couples planning to conceive. What should the nurse include to support the 2020 National Health Goals? (Select all that apply.)

A) Highlight the importance of good nutrition.
  B) Include health promotion activities for both men and women.
  C) Stress the importance of having coitus every day while trying to conceive.
  D) Remind about safe sex practices to reduce sexually transmitted infections.
  E) Explain that conception rarely occurs in couples during the first year of trying.

Question 2

The best response for the nurse to make to an adolescent who states, I am very sad. I wish I was not alive. is

a. Everyone feels sad once in a while.
  b. You are just trying to escape your problems.
  c. Have you told your parents how you feel?
  d. Have you thought about hurting yourself?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TDubDCFL

Answer to Question 1

A, B, D
To support the 2020 National Health Goals, the nurse should focus on health promotion, early identification of problems that could lead to subfertility such as poor nutrition, and teaching patients about safer sex practices so the incidence of sexually transmitted infections and pelvic inflammatory disease can be reduced. It is best to have coitus every other day so that the sperm have adequate time to mature. Ninety percent of couples who have routine unprotected sex conceive within a year.

Answer to Question 2

D
Feedback
A This is a judgmental response that ignores the adolescent's obvious statement
indicating a need for professional help.
B This is a judgmental response that could increase the adolescent's sense of
isolation and rejection.
C The parents should be made aware of an adolescent's precarious mental state;
however, this response does not address the adolescent's statement.
D This response acknowledges the adolescent's suicide gesture and further assesses
the adolescent's condition.

09madisonrousseau09

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

mcabuhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

People about to have surgery must tell their health care providers about all supplements they take.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library