Author Question: Which pregnant adolescent is most at risk for a nutritional deficit during pregnancy? a. A ... (Read 33 times)

karateprodigy

Which pregnant adolescent is most at risk for a nutritional deficit during pregnancy?

a. A 15-year-old of normal height and weight
  b. A 17-year-old who is 10 pounds underweight
  c. A 16-year-old who is 10 pounds overweight
  d. A 16-year-old of normal height and weight

Question 2

Which statement by a mother of a toddler indicates a correct understanding of the use of discipline?

a. I always include explanations and morals when I am disciplining my toddler.
  b. I always try to be consistent when disciplining the children, and I correct my
  children at the time they are misbehaving.
  c. I believe that discipline should be done by only one family member.
  d. My rule of thumb is no more than one spanking a day.

Danny Ewald

Answer to Question 1

B
Feedback
A A 15-year-old has special nutritional needs during pregnancy, but she is not at the
highest risk for deficiency.
B The adolescent who is pregnant and underweight is most at risk, because she is already
deficient in nutrition and must now supply the nutritional intake for both herself and her
fetus.
C An overweight pregnant teen is at risk for deficiency, but is not at the highest risk.
Being underweight is the most risky because she is already deficient.
D A 16-year-old has special nutritional needs during pregnancy, but she is not at the
highest risk for deficiency.

Answer to Question 2

B
Feedback
A The toddler's cognitive level of development precludes the use of explanations
and morals as a part of discipline.
B Consistent and immediate discipline for toddlers is the most effective approach.
Unless disciplined immediately, the toddler will have difficulty connecting the
discipline with the behavior.
C Discipline for the toddler should be immediate; therefore the family member
caring for the child should provide discipline to the toddler when it is necessary.
D Discipline is required for unacceptable behavior, and the one-spanking-a-day
rule contradicts the concept of a consistent response to inappropriate behavior. In
addition, spanking is an inappropriate method of disciplining a child.