This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which comment by a woman in her first trimester indicates ambivalent feelings? a. I wanted to ... (Read 24 times)

Pineapplelove6

Which comment by a woman in her first trimester indicates ambivalent feelings?

a. I wanted to become pregnant, but I'm scared about being a mother.
  b. I haven't felt well since this pregnancy began.
  c. I'm concerned about the amount of weight I've gained.
  d. My body is changing so quickly.

Question 2

At a 12-week checkup the nurse listens for fetal heart tones with the Doppler. The client is surprised and asks, Isn't it too soon to hear the baby's heartbeat? The nurse explains,

a. The baby develops a simple heart and circulation around 3 weeks old, and with this equipment we can usually hear a heartbeat by now.
  b. This is just a routine, but I don't expect to hear the baby's heartbeat today.
  c. Would you rather wait until your husband can be here to hear it for the first time?
  d. You're right, but your dates could be wrong, so it's a good idea to check anyway.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bdobbins

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback
A Ambivalence refers to conflicting feelings.
B This does not reflect conflicting feelings.
C By expressing concerns over a normal occurrence, the woman is trying to
confirm the pregnancy.
D The woman is trying to confirm the pregnancy when she expresses concerns over
normal pregnancy changes. She is not expressing conflicting feelings.

Answer to Question 2

A
The fetal heart beat can be heard at 12 weeks.

Pineapplelove6

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

jamesnevil303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library