Author Question: Which comment made by a woman in her first trimester indicates ambivalent feelings? a. I wanted ... (Read 64 times)

bobypop

Which comment made by a woman in her first trimester indicates ambivalent feelings?

a. I wanted to become pregnant, but I'm scared about being a mother.
  b. I haven't felt well since this pregnancy began.
  c. I'm concerned about the amount of weight I've gained.
  d. My body is changing so quickly.

Question 2

During the first trimester, the pregnant woman would be most motivated to learn about:

a. fetal development.
  b. impact of a new baby on family members.
  c. measures to reduce nausea and fatigue so that she can feel better.
  d. location of childbirth preparation and breastfeeding classes.

sultansheikh

Answer to Question 1

A
Ambivalence refers to conflicting feelings.
This does not reflect conflicting feelings.
By expressing concerns over a normal occurrence, the woman is trying to confirm the preg-nancy.
The woman is trying to confirm the pregnancy when she expresses concerns over normal pregnancy changes. She is not expressing conflicting feelings.

Answer to Question 2

C
During the first trimester, a woman is egocentric and concerned about how she feels. She is working on the task of accepting her pregnancy. Fetal development and the impact of a new baby on the family would be appropriate topics for the second trimester, when the fetus becomes real as its movements are felt and its heartbeat heard. During this trimester, a woman works on the task of I am going to have a baby. Motivation to learn about childbirth techniques and breastfeeding is greatest for most women during the third trimester as the reality of impending birth and becoming a parent is accepted. One goal is to achieve a safe passage for herself and her baby.