This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 10-week pregnant woman who is Rh-negative and has a negative indirect antibody test a. does not ... (Read 46 times)

dakota nelson

A 10-week pregnant woman who is Rh-negative and has a negative indirect antibody test

a. does not require administration of RhoGAM
  b. should be retested at 38 weeks' gestation
  c. requires RhoGAM administration after delivery
  d. should receive a prophylactic dose of RhoGAM at 28 weeks

Question 2

When providing discharge instructions regarding circumcision care, the nurse would identify a need for further teaching when the mother says:

a. I'll make sure to clean away any clear filmy substance that forms on the penis.
  b. If any bleeding occurs I'll hold gentle pres-sure on the area and call the pediatrician if it continues.
  c. When doing cord care, I'll be careful to avoid any alcohol draining to the circumcision site.
  d. I will continue to apply petroleum jelly for a few days to prevent the site from adhering to the diaper.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cici

Answer to Question 1

D
A 10-week pregnant woman who is Rh-negative and has a negative indirect antibody test should receive a prophylactic dose of RhoGAM at 28 weeks. Although RhoGAM administration can be done within 3 days after delivery, Rh immunization is best accomplished at 28 weeks' gestation.

Answer to Question 2

A
Further teaching is needed when the mother says, I'll make sure to clean away any clear filmy substance that forms on the penis. This is the gauze or Vaseline applied to the end of the circumcised penis to protect it from rubbing or adhering to the diaper and beginning to bleed.

dakota nelson

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library