This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant woman is married to an intravenous drug user. She had a negative HIV screening test just ... (Read 55 times)

K@

A pregnant woman is married to an intravenous drug user. She had a negative HIV screening test just after missing her first menstrual period. What would indicate that the client needs to be retested for HIV?

1. Hemoglobin of 11 g/dL and a rapid weight gain
  2. Elevated blood pressure and ankle edema
  3. Shortness of breath and frequent urination
  4. Persistent candidiasis

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with endometriosis. Which statement by the client would require a need for perhaps another treatment option?

1. I am having many hot flashes since I had the Lupron injection.
  2. The pain I experience with intercourse is becoming more severe.
  3. I have vaginal dryness, reduced libido, and my clitoris has become larger since taking danazol. Is this normal?
  4. I've noticed I have not had my period on a regular basis since being on the GnRH analogs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 4. Signs and symptoms of infections include fever, weight loss, fatigue, persistent candidiasis, diarrhea, cough, and skin lesions (Kaposi's sarcoma and hairy leukoplakia in the mouth).

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 3. Danazol is a testosterone derivative that suppresses ovulation and causes amenorrhea. It is intended for short-term therapy. Because of adverse effects, many clinicians have moved away from danazol to other treatment options.

K@

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library