This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A pregnant woman is married to an intravenous drug user. She had a negative HIV screening test just ... (Read 56 times)

K@

A pregnant woman is married to an intravenous drug user. She had a negative HIV screening test just after missing her first menstrual period. What would indicate that the client needs to be retested for HIV?

1. Hemoglobin of 11 g/dL and a rapid weight gain
  2. Elevated blood pressure and ankle edema
  3. Shortness of breath and frequent urination
  4. Persistent candidiasis

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with endometriosis. Which statement by the client would require a need for perhaps another treatment option?

1. I am having many hot flashes since I had the Lupron injection.
  2. The pain I experience with intercourse is becoming more severe.
  3. I have vaginal dryness, reduced libido, and my clitoris has become larger since taking danazol. Is this normal?
  4. I've noticed I have not had my period on a regular basis since being on the GnRH analogs.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

rnehls

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 4. Signs and symptoms of infections include fever, weight loss, fatigue, persistent candidiasis, diarrhea, cough, and skin lesions (Kaposi's sarcoma and hairy leukoplakia in the mouth).

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 3. Danazol is a testosterone derivative that suppresses ovulation and causes amenorrhea. It is intended for short-term therapy. Because of adverse effects, many clinicians have moved away from danazol to other treatment options.

K@

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library