This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse understands that the purpose of administering vitamin K to the newborn is to a. speed ... (Read 15 times)

wrbasek0

The nurse understands that the purpose of administering vitamin K to the newborn is to

a. speed up conjugation of bilirubin
  b. stimulate growth of intestinal flora
  c. prevent potential bleeding problems
  d. promote absorption of fat-soluble nutrients

Question 2

The pregnant client at 16 weeks has just been told that she has a positive hepatitis B screen. She demonstrates that she understands what this means if she states:

1. I have hepatitis B, which I could pass on to my baby.
  2. I am anemic, and should eat more iron-rich foods.
  3. My blood pressure is high, and it is affecting my baby.
  4. I have a rare blood type, and the baby could have it, too.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

taylorsonier

Answer to Question 1

C
Vitamin K prevents potential bleeding until the neonate's intestinal tract develops its intestinal flora. Vitamin K does not act on bilirubin levels or stimulate growth of intestinal flora, but rather prevents potential bleeding until the neonate's intestinal tract develops its intestinal flora. Vitamin K does not promote absorption of fat-soluble nutrients.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. A positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) indicates that the client is infectious and could transmit the infection to the fetus through contact with blood and body fluids during labor and birth.
2. Hepatitis B is not related to anemia.
3. High blood pressure is not related to hepatitis B.
4. Hepatitis B is an infection, and is not a blood type.

wrbasek0

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library