This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse understands that the purpose of administering vitamin K to the newborn is to a. speed ... (Read 18 times)

wrbasek0

The nurse understands that the purpose of administering vitamin K to the newborn is to

a. speed up conjugation of bilirubin
  b. stimulate growth of intestinal flora
  c. prevent potential bleeding problems
  d. promote absorption of fat-soluble nutrients

Question 2

The pregnant client at 16 weeks has just been told that she has a positive hepatitis B screen. She demonstrates that she understands what this means if she states:

1. I have hepatitis B, which I could pass on to my baby.
  2. I am anemic, and should eat more iron-rich foods.
  3. My blood pressure is high, and it is affecting my baby.
  4. I have a rare blood type, and the baby could have it, too.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

taylorsonier

Answer to Question 1

C
Vitamin K prevents potential bleeding until the neonate's intestinal tract develops its intestinal flora. Vitamin K does not act on bilirubin levels or stimulate growth of intestinal flora, but rather prevents potential bleeding until the neonate's intestinal tract develops its intestinal flora. Vitamin K does not promote absorption of fat-soluble nutrients.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. A positive hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) indicates that the client is infectious and could transmit the infection to the fetus through contact with blood and body fluids during labor and birth.
2. Hepatitis B is not related to anemia.
3. High blood pressure is not related to hepatitis B.
4. Hepatitis B is an infection, and is not a blood type.

wrbasek0

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Wow, this really help

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library