This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman is admitted to a labor unit in active labor. Which of the following assessments would alert ... (Read 46 times)

stevenposner

A woman is admitted to a labor unit in active labor. Which of the following assessments would alert you to the possibility that she may have difficulty accepting this child?

A) I'm so tired of being pregnant.
  B) I haven't been able to sleep well lately.
  C) I want this baby to be a boy.
  D) I am so exhausted.

Question 2

Prior to discharging a client who is 28 weeks gestation with a total placenta previa, the doctor calls and gives the nurse a phone order. Which order should the nurse question?

a. Give 300 mcg of Rho(D) immune globulin prior to discharge (client is A-negative).
  b. If contractions are present on fetal monitor, perform vaginal examination prior to discharging the client.
  c. Instruct the client to monitor fetal activity daily until next office visit.
  d. Perform nonstress test prior to discharge.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ong527

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B
Vaginal examinations should be avoided for a client with total placenta previa. Giving 300 mcg of Rho(D) immune globulin prior to discharge (client is A-negative) is appropriate for this client, because she is Rh-negative and 28 weeks' gestation. Instructing the client to monitor fetal activity daily until next office visit is an appropriate prescription, because of the increased incidence of placental insufficiency with total placenta previa. Also, performing nonstress test prior to discharge is appropriate.

stevenposner

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

at

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Children of people with alcoholism are more inclined to drink alcohol or use hard drugs. In fact, they are 400 times more likely to use hard drugs than those who do not have a family history of alcohol addiction.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library