This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A woman is admitted to a labor unit in active labor. Which of the following assessments would alert ... (Read 48 times)

stevenposner

A woman is admitted to a labor unit in active labor. Which of the following assessments would alert you to the possibility that she may have difficulty accepting this child?

A) I'm so tired of being pregnant.
  B) I haven't been able to sleep well lately.
  C) I want this baby to be a boy.
  D) I am so exhausted.

Question 2

Prior to discharging a client who is 28 weeks gestation with a total placenta previa, the doctor calls and gives the nurse a phone order. Which order should the nurse question?

a. Give 300 mcg of Rho(D) immune globulin prior to discharge (client is A-negative).
  b. If contractions are present on fetal monitor, perform vaginal examination prior to discharging the client.
  c. Instruct the client to monitor fetal activity daily until next office visit.
  d. Perform nonstress test prior to discharge.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ong527

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

B
Vaginal examinations should be avoided for a client with total placenta previa. Giving 300 mcg of Rho(D) immune globulin prior to discharge (client is A-negative) is appropriate for this client, because she is Rh-negative and 28 weeks' gestation. Instructing the client to monitor fetal activity daily until next office visit is an appropriate prescription, because of the increased incidence of placental insufficiency with total placenta previa. Also, performing nonstress test prior to discharge is appropriate.

stevenposner

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library