This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Early physiologic jaundice in the breastfeeding newborn is managed by a. giving glucose water ... (Read 63 times)

misspop

Early physiologic jaundice in the breastfeeding newborn is managed by

a. giving glucose water within 1 hour after birth
  b. encouraging early and frequent breastfeeding
  c. supplementing with formula until breast milk is established
  d. withdrawing all breast milk since it is asso-ciated with this abnormality

Question 2

The client being given discharge instructions with a diagnosis of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC) demonstrates understanding when she states:

1. I need to apply the miconazole (Monistat) for 10 days.
  2. I need to douche daily.
  3. I need to add yogurt to my diet.
  4. I need to wear nylon panties.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dlook33

Answer to Question 1

B
Early and frequent breastfeeding helps manage early physiologic jaundice, because colostrum is a natural laxative and promotes the excretion of meconium and bilirubin, thus decreasing bilirubin levels.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Applying miconazole for 10 days does not prevent or assist in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis.
2. Douching daily does not prevent or assist in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis.
3. Yogurt helps prevent recurrence of bacterial infections.
4. Wearing nylon panties does not prevent or assist in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis.

misspop

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

lindahyatt42

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library