This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nursing instructor asks a group of nursing students to give examples of questions they would need ... (Read 107 times)

Awilson837

A nursing instructor asks a group of nursing students to give examples of questions they would need to ask themselves to determine whether they are practicing within the scope and standards of nursing.

Which response by the students would indicate that further teaching is needed? (Select all that apply.) a. Is the activity supported by what I feel I should do?
  b. Do I possess the required knowledge and demonstrated competency in performing the activity?
  c. Am I prepared to assume accountability for the provision of safe care and the outcomes rendered?
  d. Will my supervisor support me if I make a mistake?
  e. Is the activity consistent with the state's Nurse Practice Act and rules and regulations of the Board of Nursing?
  f. Is the activity consistent with the beliefs of the National League of Nursing?

Question 2

As part of their teaching function at discharge, nurses should tell parents that the baby's respiration should be protected by all of the following procedures except:

a. Preventing exposure to people with upper respiratory tract infections.
  b. Keeping the infant away from secondhand smoke.
  c. Avoiding loose bedding, water beds, and beanbag chairs.
  d. Not letting the infant sleep on his or her back.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jojobee318

Answer to Question 1

A, D, F
Questions the nurse should ask do not specifically address what a nurses feels should be done, whether a supervisor will support the nurse, or the specific beliefs of the NLN. Suggested questions that nurses may ask to determine the acceptability of their practices or any given activity include 1) Is the activity consistent with the state's Nurse Practice Act and rules and regulations of the Board of Nursing? 2) Is the activity in accordance with established policies and procedures of the institution? 3) Is the activity supported by research or in the scope and standards of practice statements? 4) Does the nurse possess the required knowledge and demonstrated competency in performing the activity? 5) Would a reasonable and prudent nurse perform the activity in this setting? 6) Is the nurse prepared to assume accountability for the provision of safe care and the outcomes rendered?

Answer to Question 2

D

Feedback
A Infants are vulnerable to respiratory infections; infected people must be kept away.
B Secondhand smoke can damage lungs.
C Infants can suffocate in loose bedding and furniture that can trap them.
D The infant should be laid down to sleep on his or her back for better breathing and to prevent sudden infant death syndrome. Infants are vulnerable to respira-tory infections; infected people must be kept away. Secondhand smoke can damage lungs. Infants can suffocate in loose bedding and furniture that can trap them.

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

jojobee318

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library