This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly married woman states, My friend told me I would never have a baby because I had pelvic ... (Read 18 times)

nenivikky

A newly married woman states, My friend told me I would never have a baby because I had pelvic inflammatory disease when I was younger. I don't understand how that can affect whether or not I get pregnant. The nurse's best response is:

a. Your friend may be right. The disease may affect your ability to conceive.
  b. Pelvic inflammatory disease may damage the ovaries and prevent ovulation.
  c. Infection may cause scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tubes, which can prevent the fertilized egg from reaching the uterus.
  d. Your friend has been misinformed. Fallopian tube damage occurs only following gonorrhea.

Question 2

A laboratory finding indicative of disseminated intravascular coagulation is:

a. decreased fibrinogen.
  b. increased platelets.
  c. increased hematocrit.
  d. decreased thromboplastin time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

paavo

Answer to Question 1

C
Providing the client with accurate, complete information is the best response. Pelvic inflam-matory disease does produce scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tube if the infection is not treated.
The nurse needs to provide more detailed information so that the client understands the rea-son for possible infertility.
The nurse needs to provide more accurate information, this statement does not give enough of an explanation.
This is a false statement.

Answer to Question 2

A
DIC develops when the blood clotting factor thromboplastin is released into the maternal bloodstream as a result of placental bleeding. Thromboplastin activates widespread clotting, which uses the available fibrinogen, resulting in a decreased fibrinogen level.

nenivikky

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Elderly adults are at greatest risk of stroke and myocardial infarction and have the most to gain from prophylaxis. Patients ages 60 to 80 years with blood pressures above 160/90 mm Hg should benefit from antihypertensive treatment.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library