This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A newly married woman states, My friend told me I would never have a baby because I had pelvic ... (Read 19 times)

nenivikky

A newly married woman states, My friend told me I would never have a baby because I had pelvic inflammatory disease when I was younger. I don't understand how that can affect whether or not I get pregnant. The nurse's best response is:

a. Your friend may be right. The disease may affect your ability to conceive.
  b. Pelvic inflammatory disease may damage the ovaries and prevent ovulation.
  c. Infection may cause scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tubes, which can prevent the fertilized egg from reaching the uterus.
  d. Your friend has been misinformed. Fallopian tube damage occurs only following gonorrhea.

Question 2

A laboratory finding indicative of disseminated intravascular coagulation is:

a. decreased fibrinogen.
  b. increased platelets.
  c. increased hematocrit.
  d. decreased thromboplastin time.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

paavo

Answer to Question 1

C
Providing the client with accurate, complete information is the best response. Pelvic inflam-matory disease does produce scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tube if the infection is not treated.
The nurse needs to provide more detailed information so that the client understands the rea-son for possible infertility.
The nurse needs to provide more accurate information, this statement does not give enough of an explanation.
This is a false statement.

Answer to Question 2

A
DIC develops when the blood clotting factor thromboplastin is released into the maternal bloodstream as a result of placental bleeding. Thromboplastin activates widespread clotting, which uses the available fibrinogen, resulting in a decreased fibrinogen level.

nenivikky

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

bitingbit

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

There used to be a metric calendar, as well as metric clocks. The metric calendar, or "French Republican Calendar" divided the year into 12 months, but each month was divided into three 10-day weeks. Each day had 10 decimal hours. Each hour had 100 decimal minutes. Due to lack of popularity, the metric clocks and calendars were ended in 1795, three years after they had been first marketed.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library