This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The prenatal clinic nurse is responding to a client who has had an assessment for fetal well-being. ... (Read 16 times)

sarasara

The prenatal clinic nurse is responding to a client who has had an assessment for fetal well-being. Which statement indicates that the client understands the test result?

1. The normal Doppler velocimetry wave result indicates my placenta is getting enough blood to the baby.
  2. The reactive non-stress test means that my baby is not growing because of a lack of oxygen.
  3. Because my contraction stress test was positive, we know that my baby will tolerate labor well.
  4. My biophysical profile score of 6 points to everything being normal and healthy for my baby.

Question 2

The nurse is discharging a client after hospitalization for pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Which statements indicate that teaching was effective? Select all that apply.

1. I might have infertility because of this infection.
  2. It is important for me to finish my antibiotics.
  3. Tubal pregnancy could occur after PID.
  4. My PID was caused by a yeast infection.
  5. I am going to have an IUD placed for contraception.
  Correct

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ally

Answer to Question 1

Rationale:
1. The Doppler velocimetry test looks at blood flow through the umbilical artery. A normal result indicates there is no vasospasm decreasing blood flow to the placenta; therefore the baby is getting an adequate blood supply.
2. The non-stress test utilizes external fetal monitoring to assess the fetal heart rate in relationship to fetal movement. When accelerations in the fetal heart rate are associated with fetal movement (a reactive result), the fetus is well oxygenated, and the placenta is functioning well.
3. A contraction stress test creates mild contractions. The presence of decelerations is termed a positive result, and indicates a lack of adequate placental functioning.
4. The biophysical profile score should be 8 (with adequate amniotic fluid) or 10. A score of 6 is abnormal, and indicates that further assessment is needed.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 3
Rationale:
1. Women sometimes become infertile because of scarring in the fallopian tubes as a result of the inflammation of PID.
2. Antibiotic therapy should always be completed when a client is diagnosed with any infection.
3. The tubal scarring that occurs from tubal inflammation during PID can prevent a fertilized ovum from passing through the tube into the uterus, causing an ectopic or tubal pregnancy.
4. PID is caused by bacteria, most commonly Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Yeast infections do not ascend and become upper reproductive tract infections.
5. An intrauterine device (IUD) in place increases the risk of developing PID; a client who has a history of PID is not a good candidate for an IUD.

sarasara

Reply 2 on: Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ryansturges

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

Asthma attacks and symptoms usually get started by specific triggers (such as viruses, allergies, gases, and air particles). You should talk to your doctor about these triggers and find ways to avoid or get rid of them.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library