This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning an early pregnancy class session on nutrition. Which idea should the nurse ... (Read 110 times)

stephzh

The nurse is planning an early pregnancy class session on nutrition. Which idea should the nurse include? Select all that apply.

1. Protein is important for developing the baby's muscles.
  2. Iron helps both mother and baby form red blood cells.
  3. Calcium prevents constipation at the end of pregnancy.
  4. Zinc facilitates synthesis of RNA and DNA.
  5. Vitamin A promotes development of the baby's eyes.
  Correct

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client pregnant with twins. Which statement indicates the client needs additional information?

1. Because both of my twins are boys, I know that they are identical.
  2. If my twins came from one fertilized egg that split, they are identical.
  3. If I have one boy and one girl, I will know they came from 2 eggs.
  4. It is rare for twins to both be within the same amniotic sac.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

komodo7

Answer to Question 1

1, 2, 4, 5
Rationale:
1. Protein is necessary to form the muscles of the fetus and to increase the tissues of the growing uterus and breasts of the mother.
2. This is a true statement. Poor iron intake can lead to maternal or fetal anemia.
3. Calcium is not related to constipation. Calcium is needed to form and calcify the fetal bones. If calcium intake is low, the mother's bones will demineralize to meet the needs of the fetus.
4. Zinc is involved in RNA and DNA synthesis, and milk production during lactation.
5. Vitamin A promotes healthy formation and development of the fetal eyes.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Not all same-sex twins are identical or monozygotic, because fraternal, or dizygotic, twins can be the same gender or different genders.
2. When the zygote splits, identical twins share the same genotype result.
3. The only way to have twins of different genders is if they came from two separate fertilized ova. Monozygotic twins are identical, and are the same gender.
4. Monoamnionic-monochorionic twins are very rare, and occur as a result of the zygote splitting seven or more days after fertilization.

komodo7

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

You should not take more than 1,000 mg of vitamin E per day. Doses above this amount increase the risk of bleeding problems that can lead to a stroke.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library