This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning an early pregnancy class session on nutrition. Which idea should the nurse ... (Read 111 times)

stephzh

The nurse is planning an early pregnancy class session on nutrition. Which idea should the nurse include? Select all that apply.

1. Protein is important for developing the baby's muscles.
  2. Iron helps both mother and baby form red blood cells.
  3. Calcium prevents constipation at the end of pregnancy.
  4. Zinc facilitates synthesis of RNA and DNA.
  5. Vitamin A promotes development of the baby's eyes.
  Correct

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client pregnant with twins. Which statement indicates the client needs additional information?

1. Because both of my twins are boys, I know that they are identical.
  2. If my twins came from one fertilized egg that split, they are identical.
  3. If I have one boy and one girl, I will know they came from 2 eggs.
  4. It is rare for twins to both be within the same amniotic sac.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

komodo7

Answer to Question 1

1, 2, 4, 5
Rationale:
1. Protein is necessary to form the muscles of the fetus and to increase the tissues of the growing uterus and breasts of the mother.
2. This is a true statement. Poor iron intake can lead to maternal or fetal anemia.
3. Calcium is not related to constipation. Calcium is needed to form and calcify the fetal bones. If calcium intake is low, the mother's bones will demineralize to meet the needs of the fetus.
4. Zinc is involved in RNA and DNA synthesis, and milk production during lactation.
5. Vitamin A promotes healthy formation and development of the fetal eyes.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. Not all same-sex twins are identical or monozygotic, because fraternal, or dizygotic, twins can be the same gender or different genders.
2. When the zygote splits, identical twins share the same genotype result.
3. The only way to have twins of different genders is if they came from two separate fertilized ova. Monozygotic twins are identical, and are the same gender.
4. Monoamnionic-monochorionic twins are very rare, and occur as a result of the zygote splitting seven or more days after fertilization.

komodo7

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library