This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a newborn who was delivered by cesarean birth. Which of the following is the ... (Read 53 times)

KimWrice

The nurse is caring for a newborn who was delivered by cesarean birth. Which of the following is the most important reason this infant must be even more closely monitored than a newborn following a vaginal delivery?

A) The newborn's oxygen lifeline is cut off when the umbilical cord is clamped, resulting in oxygen levels falling and carbon dioxide rising.
  B) The newborn will have more fluid in her lungs, making respiratory adaptation more challenging.
  C) Fetal lungs are uninflated and full of amniotic fluid that must be absorbed.
  D) Much of the fetal lung fluid is squeezed out as the fetus moves down the birth canal.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a group of caregivers who have children who are dying. Which of the following statements made by one of the caregivers indicates that this caregiver is in the depression stage of anticipatory grief?

A) It is going to be hard for me when I can't hug my daughter anymore.
  B) I've got to go into my office for a meeting. I'm sure my son will be fine while I'm gone.
  C) I used to love playing board games with my son. Now that just makes me feel sad.
  D) I'll be able to handle my child's dying if she can just live until her next birthday.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

maya.nigrin17@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library