This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a newborn who was delivered by cesarean birth. Which of the following is the ... (Read 55 times)

KimWrice

The nurse is caring for a newborn who was delivered by cesarean birth. Which of the following is the most important reason this infant must be even more closely monitored than a newborn following a vaginal delivery?

A) The newborn's oxygen lifeline is cut off when the umbilical cord is clamped, resulting in oxygen levels falling and carbon dioxide rising.
  B) The newborn will have more fluid in her lungs, making respiratory adaptation more challenging.
  C) Fetal lungs are uninflated and full of amniotic fluid that must be absorbed.
  D) Much of the fetal lung fluid is squeezed out as the fetus moves down the birth canal.

Question 2

The nurse is working with a group of caregivers who have children who are dying. Which of the following statements made by one of the caregivers indicates that this caregiver is in the depression stage of anticipatory grief?

A) It is going to be hard for me when I can't hug my daughter anymore.
  B) I've got to go into my office for a meeting. I'm sure my son will be fine while I'm gone.
  C) I used to love playing board games with my son. Now that just makes me feel sad.
  D) I'll be able to handle my child's dying if she can just live until her next birthday.